Policies & Resources
Code of Conduct
Everyone deserves to be part of a game that is fun, safe, inclusive and respectful. As a coach, match official, parent, player or volunteer, it is your role to ensure the ARU Code of Conduct is upheld on and off the field.
All Participants in the game must comply with the ARU Code of Conduct which includes:
- Conducting themselves at all times in accordance with Rugby’s values: Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline & Teamwork;
- Conducting matches with fairness and honesty;
- Not repeatedly breaching the Laws of the Game relating to Foul Play or Misconduct;
- Not using crude or abusive language or gestures toward others on or off the field, including towards match officials and spectators;
- Not doing anything which is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, humiliate or discriminates anyone else on or off the field especially on the grounds of their religion, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation or (dis)ability; and
- Not showing unnecessary dissension or disapproval to anyone about a decision in a game.
The ARU is committed to promoting and strengthening the positive image of Rugby and its participants in Australia. In light of this commitment, the ARU Code of Conduct seeks to establish standards of performance and behaviour to ensure that participants act in a professional and proper manner and to ensure that the game is played and conducted with disciplined and sporting behaviour.
The Code of Conduct also seeks to deter all on-field and Rugby-related conduct that could damage the game of Rugby by impairing public confidence in the honest and orderly conduct of matches and competitions or in the integrity and good character of participants.
The Expectations of Behaviour Guidelines are a simple outline for parents, teachers, coaches and players to ensure everyone is given the opportunity to enjoy the game to the maximum level. Rugby has always been a game that prides itself on fair play and enjoyment for all, so please adhere to these guidelines to ensure this continues. For further information, please go to www.rugby.com.au/communityrugby
- ARU Policy (view)
- ARU Concussion Guidance (view)
- Insurance (view)
- Clovelly Eagles Fair Go Policy (view)
- Working With Children Checks 2016